After perusing the resort’s docket of snow-related recreational opportunities it’s no wonder that Okemo Mountain, located in the Southern Vermont city of Ludlow, is one of the premier winter destinations in the Northeast.
Skiers and snowboarders looking to cruise the alpine slopes will get their fill on Okemo’s 119 trails and with 19 chairlifts, getting in numerous runs is a breeze. For the more aggressive and creative types, seven terrain parks offer the chance to practice and master their artistry. Okemo also supports Nordic and cross-country skiers with roughly 22-km of groomed trails.
Patrons may come for the snow, but access to five separate mountain lodges allow for a great meal, drinks, socializing and all the other desired amenities.
If you want to try your hand at other pursuits, or just desire some time away, Okemo fits the bill. Snowmobiling and snowshoeing activities are available in the winter, while hiking, biking, water sports, horseback riding, shopping, dining and tours of Vermont are Okemo’s summertime attractions.
Resort operators also run two 18-hole golf courses during the spring, summer and fall. Other offerings include: spa services, daycare, ski lessons, rentals, lodging, group deals, and much more.
Okemo Mountain Resort Statistics:
- Seasons: Winter: November to April
- Lift Operations: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Weekends and Holiday Periods; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Monday through Friday; (Hours of operation on Christmas Day are from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.)
- Elevation: Base – 1,144 feet
- Summit Elevation: 3,144 feet; Vertical rise of 2,000 feet
- Snow: Average Annual Snowfall – 200 inches; Snowmaking – 96%
- Trail Classification: Skiable Acres: 632 (32% Beginner, 36% Intermediate, 32% Advanced); 119 total trails
- Lift System: Total Number of Lifts: 19, including 9 quad chairs (5 highspeed quads), 3 triple chairs and 7 surface lifts
- Uphill Capacity: 33,450 people per hour
- Terrain Parks: 1 Superpipe and 6 Parks; Superpipe, The Amp Bus Ride, Timberline Progression Park, The Dew Zone Jib Park, Amp Energy Super Park on Nor'Easter, Snow and Skier Cross Park, Hot Dog Hill Terrain Park (Beginner Park), Inn Bound Park
- Nordic Skiing: 22 km of groomed trails